We welcome enquiries regarding enrolment of children at Whitefriars Catholic School. We look forward to working collaboratively with you to share in the education and nurturing the development of your children in the vital years of primary schooling.
For families wishing to join Whitefriars Catholic School community:
- Contact the school for an Application for Enrolment and Prospectus
- Complete and return the form, together with a copy of the Birth Certificate. Other attachments may include Baptism Certificate, School Reports (if applicable), Visas (if the family entered the country in the last five years) and any other relevant reports e.g. speech therapist, occupational therapist, psychologist report. There is a non-refundable application fee of $50 which covers administration cost. This fee is a family fee and is only paid when enrolling the oldest child.
- A letter of acknowledgement is sent from the school and an enrolment meeting with the Principal or Deputy Principal is arranged. For Reception children, this interview occurs approximately two years prior to commencing school.
- The enrolment meeting is a time for sharing information: for the Principal/Deputy Principal to learn about the child and for the family to learn about the school. A tour of the school facilities is included for new families at the enrolment meeting.
- Offer of Placement is provided at the enrolment meeting. Return of the Acceptance Document, with a $200 fee per child ensures a position is held. This fee is deducted from the first term school fees.
- If a position is not currently available at the school you will be notified at the Enrolment Meeting and placed on a short waiting list.
Whitefriars Catholic School offers two Reception intakes each year:
Term 3 Intake : Children who turn five between the 1st of May to 31st of October are able to start in Term 3 if parents wish to do so, and your child will complete 6 terms of Reception prior to moving to Year 1.
Term 1 Intake : Children who turn five between the 1st of November to 30th of April commence in Term 1, and your child will complete 4 terms of Reception prior moving to Year 1.
Children beginning in Reception will be invited to be part of an extended transition program which includes weekly visits one term or two terms prior to starting school to assist in their familiarisation and transition into our school community. In addition, children and their families will be invited to orientation mornings in Term 2 or 4 where children meet their new teacher and other children who will be in their class whilst parents are provided with further information regarding their child's learning.